PE and Health
Welcome back! We are going to have an awesome 2021-2022 school year!
PE Grading System and Helpful Hints
2021-2022 GFMS Physical Education Grading and Requirements
Grading for grades 5-8 as follow
Grade 5,6,7 and 8: (All Year Long)
- Numeric Grading System- Based out of 100 points per Marking Period
- Participation- (Deductions from 1-3 points per day)
- Preparation- (Deduction of 1 point per day)
- All students must have athletic sneakers and athletic attire
- Jeans and jean shorts are not considered athletic attire.
- Following the code of conduct.
- Quarantine/Home Instruction
- Please see the GFMS Health & Physical Education department website for instructions.
We will not be utilizing the locker rooms during the 2021-2022 school year.
- Sneakers (have to be secure to the foot with a full heel in order to prevent injuries) Note: Non- Lace Up sneakers are fine as long as they are secure and won’t fall off.
- T-shirt and/or Sweatshirt- TANK TOPS AND CROP TOPS are NOT acceptable
- Shorts and/or Sweatpants
Medical Excuses: Each case will be handled individually. Please contact your assigned physical education teacher for more information.
Helpful Hints for In- Person learning:
- Students will have accessibility to hand sanitizer and will be prompted to use it. Frequent hand washing will also be encouraged.
- Students will be socially distanced by the teachers 3’ apart. All students are required to adhere to these protocols.
- A comfortable mask for indoor classes
- Water bottles are suggested for class (teachers will be given intermittent water breaks during class).
- No Gum Chewing.
Class Expectations: Your physical education staff is looking to create a fun, exciting, safe and healthy school year for all of our students.
Sincerely your 2021-2022 PE staff:
Physical Education Mission and Activities
The Physical Education Department's mission to engage our students in lifetime activities that support them physically, mentally, emotionally and socially. Lifetime Activities, as well as Team Concepts, are introduced in Physical Education in hopes to provide a lifetime of physical activity.
Activities offered in physical education:
- Running/ Track and Field
- Field Hockey
- Fitness Center (Use of Machines and Spin Bikes- 7/8th grade)
- Cardio Kickboxing
- Floor Hockey
Great ways to get moving outside of school:
Go for a walk (with an adult buddy in a safe place)
- Make up an Exercise Routine
- Playing Outside
- Stream Fitness Channels to your TV
- Shoot some hoops at a local park
- Join a recreational league
5th Grade Health
- Hands- only CPR
- Self- esteem
- Body Systems
- Nutrition (www.choosemyplate.gov)
7th Grade Health
- Peer Pressure
- Resistance Skills
- Mental Health
- Eating Disorders
- Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs
- Nutrition Using the Choose My Plate Website
- Human Growth and Development
- HIV and AIDS
More Info Athletic Department