Grade 5,6,7 and 8: (All Year Long)
- Numeric Grading System- Based out of 100 points per Marking Period
- Participation- (Deductions from 1-3 points per day)
- Preparation- (Deduction of 1 point per day)
- All students must have athletic sneakers and athletic attire
- Jeans and jean shorts are not considered athletic attire.
- Following the code of conduct.
Numeric Grading System in Detail
- Preparation: Points are deducted for being unprepared without sneakers and /or not having the proper attire.
- Participation: Points are deducted for lack of effort, unsportsman-like conduct, gum chewing and disruptive behavior accordingly.
- Evaluates students’ psychomotor and cognitive learning: Students learn individual skills, cooperative skills and game-like conditions that are used for achieving proficiency within each unit.
- Evaluates students’ affective learning.
5/6 will not be receiving locks/lockers and will not use the locker room
7/8 will receive a lock/locker but have the option to come in their attire or change before and after class.
- Sneakers (have to be secure to the foot with a full heel in order to prevent injuries) Note: Non- Lace Up sneakers are fine as long as they are secure and won’t fall off.
- T-shirt and/or Sweatshirt- NO TANK TOPS PLEASE
- Shorts and/or Sweatpants
Medical Excuses: In physical education, students are allowed to be excused from 3 consecutive physical education classes with a note from a parent/guardian. After 3 excused classes; a doctor’s note is required, which is required to be given to the nurse prior to class. The P.E. teachers will receive a copy of the note from the nurse. If a student is not feeling well that day, a note is required for the next class in order to be legally excused from the missed class. Written assignments/alternate assignment will be issued to students sitting out on medical, in place of their physical participation.
Number 1 Rule of Physical Education: HAVE FUN!!!!!
- It may be chilly indoors and out so we suggest having both sweatshirts/pants and shorts/T-shirts for the student’s comfort.
- Leaving an extra pair of old sneakers in their physical education lockers are helpful for when there is dew on the ground, so the student does not ruin their good sneakers.
- Leaving an empty bag in their lockers is helpful when they need to bring clothes home for the year and/or to wash.
- Leaving a hair tie in the locker is also helpful.
- Students may leave deodorant and perfumed sprays in their lockers. Please do not use GLASS containers or aerosol containers. There are tiles in the locker room, which the containers can break on and aerosols sprayed into the air may trigger an asthma attack, allergic reaction or other medical emergency.
- Water bottles may be used when the students go outdoors for class.
Physical Education No- No’s:
- Mid Drift Shirts- stomachs should not be showing at all. Students will be asked to bring in a more appropriate shirt or the next time, points will be deducted. This includes tying up shirts so the stomach is shown.
- Short- Shorts- shorts need to be at least mid thigh or lower.
- Words on the gluteus maximus (back side of pants).
- No inappropriate words, letters, pictures, etc. School Policies are adhered to in physical education classes.
- No gum
- NO CELL PHONES OR RECORDING DEVICES
Locker Responsibility (7/8): Students are responsible for their lockers and locks. Any damage to these lockers is their responsibility. Master Locks are issued to every student, free of charge. If the lock is not returned at the end of the year, the student will be charged $5 to replace the lock. Other locks will not be allowed, because we need to have access to the locker in emergencies and provide combinations for the students if they forget it. We appreciate this cooperation greatly. We also encourage students to lock their locks every time they leave the locker room, this includes when the student is in class. Don’t leave anything out that is valuable. Students may leave valuables in the locked office. Students may not share lockers. This is for security purposes. The teachers will not go into the lockers, so if the students’ clothes are in someone else’s locker, we will not get them without the other student present.
Locker Room Rules (7/8):
- No running or standing on the benches- safety reasons.
- No climbing into lockers- safety reasons.
- No slamming the lockers- safety reasons.
- Only go into your locker- security reasons
- No screaming or horsing around- emergency and safety reasons
- Please be quiet in the hallways, learning is occurring in classrooms nearby.
- No glass bottles or aerosol sprays in the locker room-safety reasons.
- NO CELL PHONES OR RECORDING DEVICES